Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome to "A Scratch Behind the Ears!"

My life has always been populated by dogs and cats. There has never been a time when my floors were free of dog hair, or the windows of my home sparkling clean and free of nose prints. At least not longer than 30 minutes past their last cleaning. I was the child who brought home the box of week old kittens, and the one that the stray dog followed home from the bus stop..."He's scared and lonely, can we keep him?" In those days, my love of all creatures great and small also included guinea pigs, gerbils, and fish. As an adult, I've abandoned the rodent kingdom (much to the relief of those near and dear), but dogs and cats have been a continual presence in my home. They currently number three (two dogs - Lucky and Lady, and one cat - Lucy), and it never ceases to amaze me how much joy they bring. Each with their own unique personality and quirks, they season my life with colorful, sweet, and amusing moments. Last weekend, as I watched Lady obsessing over a bee, it occurred to me that writing about my quirky pets might be a good way to try out the world of blogging, something I have recently wanted to explore. Certainly there will be no lack of material. Whether I can do the moments justice, and capture them in words and pictures remains to be seen. In any case, I believe it will be fun to try. So - welcome to my blog!

2 comments:

  1. I came back in looked at your old posts, they are fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like to see the first post and I am glad I found you, Brenda!
    Many hugs!

    ReplyDelete