Saturday, November 19, 2011

Water For Your Pets

Lady, Lucky, and Katie love their walks around the neighborhood. If we're feeling lazy, or wimpy because of bad weather, we just go around the block. But on most days we cover about 3 miles at a nice brisk pace. I've always been touched by the kindness of the neighbors (perhaps their children) who put water out for the passing dogs. Unfortunately, the water in the bowls often looks a bit...well, questionable, but you have to appreciate the gesture! :)

We walked 3.5 miles today, a winding route up Sunset Mountain behind the house.
The dogs were happy to find this watering hole along the way. What nice neighbors!

10 comments:

  1. Random acts of kindness are the best!
    Happy Weekend to you and the pups,
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! If it is not bitterly cold as it is now we bundle up, put on booties & walk on multi use trails. Today there will be no walk again. It is -7 as I type this comment. My little guys cannot take it for very long. We will probably go for a car ride so they can have a change of scenery. Although Halle is in a dog fashion show this afternoon at Paw Prince, a local pet boutique. I am her handler so am not sure if I will get pictures but Paw Prince is on Facebook if you are- they are active FB posters.

    Chessie update! She (Lucy) is moving into our friend's house !!! She & the 2 Yorkies who will be her housemates are doing well. Lucy's former pack turned on her for some reason & her family had to find her a good home. She landed in a great home!! Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice is that? True, the water doesn't look all that fresh, but gotta appreciate the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is SO cool!!!!! I've never seen that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very gentle! I've never seen that gentleness before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That water looks positively sparkling compared to the murky mud puddles my dogs drink out of on walks.

    But how sweet of those people to think of thirsty dogs walking by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen anyone do that before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brenda,
    Thanks for your many nice comments on my blog. I really appreciate it so much!

    The photo of the dog taking a nap on the store was taken in a store in the city of Avaré, near my house about 50 minutes. I think that the dog belongs to the owner of the store. I had no idea to ask to him about this cute dog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a kind thing to do.

    A bit of dusty water is still OK when you are thirsty.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete