Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Extended Furry Family


Rumor has it that I was born under a wandering star. My sister claims she has two entire pages in her address book devoted to me. It's true I've moved around a lot in my life, but I'm proud to report that she has not had to cross me out and start a new entry for more than eight years now. However, since I decided early on that I was not the "big city" type, I've always looked forward to holidays as the time to venture over the river and through the woods - back home to the city to visit family. That includes the extended furry family!

Molly wags her whole body -
"Hello! Hello! How have you been?"


I know large families, with lots of aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents with not a kitty or a dog or a hamster among them. I am so glad not to be in one of those families! Arriving home to the big city brings not just hugs of greeting, but tail wags and purrs too. Lucky me, lucky us!

This year, by the time all of the relatives had arrived, there were three boxers frolicking in the yard, one cat watching on with interest, and another cat hiding, not to be seen again until everyone was long gone. Among the many blessings we give thanks for this year, one is certainly our family pets. They love us unconditionally, bring us joy, calm our spirits when we're stressed, bring us comfort, and make us laugh with their antics. Plenty to be thankful for indeed.


My sister and Tigger say:
"Whew, Thanksgiving is over! Time for a nap!"

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! Great post, I know our pets miss u! I do to!! See you in 12 days.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete