Saturday, March 12, 2011

Our Hearts Are In Japan



This blog was created to be a happy little corner of the world, a place you can visit when you need a smile or giggle during your busy week. But today we are just sad, our hearts with those who are suffering amid the devastation in Japan.

A disaster of this magnitude almost defies my ability to comprehend it. Last night I found myself glued to the surreal scenes on television. Today I made a conscious decision to leave the television off. Those who know me well know that I hold pretty strong opinions about the psychological impact of living in an era where we can watch the most intimate and horrifying details of personal tragedies, natural disasters, and/or war     24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I just don't think it's healthy. But I'll resist the temptation here to get on that soapbox.

So friends, no funny stories or pictures today. Our hearts are heavy as we keep our friends across the sea close to heart. May we all take time this weekend for a moment of silence or a prayer for those affected by the earthquake and tsunami.


4 comments:

  1. Many prayers. My friends cousin is in Japan right now and they haven't reached him yet. Also, this morning alone 9,500 were swept away from their village.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an award over at my blog for you..!

    ReplyDelete