Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Scrub-A-Dub-Dub

Three dogs in a tub! Well, not in a tub exactly...but all three had an appointment with the hose after our weekend hike. Even Katie, who did not think that was fair, since she did not swim in the river. Turns out, however, that although Katie dislikes getting wet, she sure does love getting dry! She was so cute, snuggling into the towels for drying. That little girl loves to be pampered.


Even when she was finished and it was Lucky's turn, she kept burrowing in headfirst and just standing there, waiting to be patted and rubbed. "More please."

Adorable!! (Katie on the right)

First the towel dry, then the blow dry. Katie isn't real keen on the blow dryer (read: terrified), but Lady and Lucky don't mind it. Normally they would have just dried off outside, but the forecast high of 83 degrees turned out to be 70 and overcast, and they were shivering! So, out came the blow dryer for the whole spa treatment.


After the blow dryer..... (drum roll please)...... The Furminator!!! 


For those of you who might not be familiar with the Furminator,
this little beauty removes vast quantities of loose, dead undercoat hair. 


When I first got it, I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. I used it outside, and all the hair blobs flying everywhere made me crazy. I couldn't easily collect it, and found tufts of hair stuck everywhere for days. Hair in the petunias, hair stuck to the patio table legs. Yuck. The key for me, as unlikely as it sounds, is to use it indoors. All the hair collects in one area, easy to sweep up afterward. Much easier to manage without a breeze to send it wafting every which way. 


(Lady says all this beauty treatment is exhausting)
"But look how beautiful we are, all fluffy with our coats just shining!"


9 comments:

  1. she must be spring cleaning again
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You DO look gorgeous!

    I only have a single coat and I get groomed with a grooming mitt in the garden which still sends plenty of hair flying around the garden at this time of year.

    Oh, Brends, the LOTH says to tell you that she loves her iphone.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those adorable faces!

    It's funny, Murdoch loves to be toweled off too. Whenever I pick up the dog towels he rushes to my side and sticks his nose under the towel until I drape it over him and then give him a vigourous rub. He gets positively giddy.

    And I love the furminator! It was the best housewarming gift ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I liked the furminator. I fight it every step of the way!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie is so cute, snuggling into the towels for drying! Love the photo of Lady, Lucky and Katie!
    All them look adorable!

    ReplyDelete